Monday, December 31, 2012

NEW YEARS EVE


I guess I’m really happy about the year ending. It has been a lousy year in that my family lost two wonderful people, and they can’t be replaced.

This New Year’s Eve I’m going to bed the regular time and don’t want to count the minutes or do anything that is any different than any other night. I could never understand the idea and never got excited about the calendar changing, signifying we are all getting older and are all mortal. Party pooper? Yes I am this year.

There are few New Year’s Eve parties I’ve gone to in my lifetime. The last one was in the Mediterranean Manor in Patchogue about 23 years ago! That was a full-fledged New Year’s Eve party with party hats, noisemakers and booze. You need to have just one in a lifetime and then move on. I will look over to the other recliner this year, wish TLW the best New Year ever, kiss her and head off to bed contented she is near.  As long as the Little Woman (TLW) and my children are healthy I am happy.

There are people that I will no longer see in life, the ones that disappoint me, make me see shallowness in them or just are users, I wish well. There are new people in life to come and the ones I know and love, you dear reader: that I write to everyday.

The upcoming year will mark seven years of writing to you on this blogue, sharing my life and experiences, the good and the bad. Think of this blogue as a holiday letter that you get in a holiday greeting card, but one I send out everyday with my best wishes for you and your family.

There are things I need to do yet, unfinished business, and things I wish not to do, and dread and there are new places that I will go to, all part of a life experience.

So, goodbye 2012 and hello 2013!

And to you dear Reader: Have a safe and healthy year’s end, no matter how you spend the evening. Remember there are people in your life that love you, need you and want to see you safe.

Maybe I’ll see you tomorrow?

2 comments:

Michele said...

...And the best to you and your wonderful family in the new year, Joe.

Jim Pantaleno said...

Hope after seven years you still have some words left. Happy New Year my friend.