Tuesday, January 09, 2018

THE RUDE AWAKENING



Darn! The cold frigid days are leaving us. This means my excuse for not going to the gym is gone. The mornings of low-temperature frigidity are going away and as an old man I like to be comfortable, so I don’t go. Too cold.

When I woke up this morning I looked at the clock and it said 4:30 AM, and I realized it was time to go back to working out. Unfortunately, my body is disagreeing with me and telling me to turn over, close my eyes and shut up!

The worst thing I can think of is going out early in the morning or after dinner on cold days. Who wants to even move? Nothing like settling in on a cold evening, putting on The Big Bang Theory and having a cocktail to while the hours away.

Getting up in the early morning when it is the most convenient for me, in the cold doesn’t have the allure it does in the summer or spring. My motivation for the gym is not to build muscle, it is to remain as spry as possible before they plant me. Nothing like being in good shape for the end, so if anyone should visit the funeral home they will say: “He looks good!”

No comments: