Wednesday, January 31, 2018

GETTING THE HANG OF IT

Chinese pizza!
I went to a Chinese buffet all you can eat the other day. #2 Son was in town and was going home after a visit and wanted to go to this restaurant before he departed. When it opened way back when they served Chinese food, basic stuff, then added sushi to the menu. I gave them a pass because I love sushi and secondly, sushi is Asian, nothing wrong with Asian food.

The restaurant changed hands recently and they decided to add to their menu. I like when restaurants do change their menu because it makes for more interesting experiences when I visit it. Seasonal changes always suggest to me that the ingredients are fresh and local.

But the additions that were added really surprised me. Shark's fins, birds nest soup, Thousand-year-old egg? Nope. Try French Fries, pepperoni pizza, potatoes and Italian stuffed mushrooms and clams. The topper? Shrimp scampi in Fettucini. Now that's Chinese.

Somehow as I perused the assortment of offerings, it was difficult finding any Chinese food.

During the course of our conversation #2 Son mentioned this Thai restaurant he goes to and I couldn't help but ask: "How's their pizza?"

No comments: