Monday, March 03, 2008

OUT OF HYBERNATION

Today is the first Sunday in March. It is a traditional time of the year I go back to walking, boring, and monotonous walking.

Every year at this time, I finish my hiatus from the winter, and start my mild exercise program until I can go into my pool and do some laps. When I first stepped out this morning, the cold air immediately hit me, and the distance I planned seemed greater than it’s ever been! I thought to myself: “This is a BAD idea.”

What is wrong with me; that I left my perfectly comfortable recliner to do something so bone-headed? Do you know that I have an exercise plan I developed that I feel is quite adequate? It was developed for the abs, and what it is; is about three times a day, I rise from a reclining position and bring the chair to a sitting position, where I then stand up. Three times a day! Come on now, that’s enough! Please!

Actually, the walking isn’t too bad; I get a lot of ideas, walking. The neighborhood helps me conger up perfectly untrue scenarios that I make up in my mind about certain neighbors in the hood. People that I don’t know, get a personality all their own, without the pain of meeting me! I imagine maybe affairs, or some evil that lurks behind a door, or some tryst that would need a lot of explaining. Hey why not, there free, and I’m the only one who knows about them. (Caution: Don’t try this at home.)

Think its time for this blogger to take a long walk on a short path? Then write to: joedelbloccolo@yahoo.com, and tell him: “Hey, Yahoo, why don’t you try your walks blindfolded? That’s right, in the middle of the street.”

No comments: