Friday, October 31, 2014

AND HOW WAS YOUR DAY?


It was a rainy Friday morning; gray, damp and raw. I was planning on an old black and white movie with a cup of coffee and TLW (The Little Woman) was on her way out the door to go to work when suddenly she made a U-turn and came back into the house.

“Where is Michael’s car?”
“Huh?” (Yes, a gifted conversationalist)
“His car is not outside!”

Being I have trouble with the English language, and the idea of listening to all the words as they are put together, I have to peek my nose out the front door and look. She’s right! No car. No wonder she said that!

“MICHAEL” she yells up to the bedroom.

“What?”

“WHERE’S YOUR CAR????”

“LOST MY BRAKES LAST NIGHT AND MY FRIEND BROUGHT ME HOME.”

“WELL GET UP, YOUR FATHER (me) WILL HELP YOU OUT, HE HAS A DENTAL APPOINTMENT THIS MORNING SO GET UP NOW.”

“OK!”

His younger days
Now the kid is just getting started in life and trying to make ends meet. Young and not yet established, we try to help him along like we did our other son.

Off goes TLW and down comes Michael, and into my car and shows me where his car is, I look it over and think: Wow this is a little remote for a description with half the roads unmarked, so I decide to drive down to my mechanic Mike Sabo, and great mechanic and very honest. We set up for a tow and #2 Son would ride with the tow truck and guide the driver to the car.

I tell #2 Son he is lucky he decided to pick these particular few days to come home when he did or he would have been stuck, maybe on the bridge going home in Westchester!

Short story: it cost me $625 dollars to repair the car and pay for the tow. Things happen and so I go on to my dental appointment.

Now the dentist is about to repair a tooth that broke, and go over the dental plan for additional work in my mouth. I have two options, implants or bridges, and am given a breakdown of what each would cost. The Implants: $25,000, but they are more permanent, and the bridge work $12,000! I figure it all out and decide that why spend all that money, I’ll get the bridgework and repair if need be as I get older. After all, to be honest with myself, in 10 years, will I still be here?

With the bridgework, I will have the distinct honor of having more bridges than the East River, including the Tri-Boro Bridge, kind of a mini MTA!

So all in one day I committed over $12.625!

That old saying about saving for a rainy day… well it is raining cats and dogs!







 
Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should!


No comments: