Tuesday, October 28, 2014

FIRING MY DENTIST


Every now and then I like to shake things up. I did it when I worked and I like to do it in my life. Sometimes we need to do that to take away the complacency that can dwell without our realizing it.
My dentist group had to go: they were not doing things well enough for me to warrant my continuance with them.  They seemed to be more hung up on forms and records than on my teeth. They rushed through the visits and seemed to be disconnected, all that bothers me, plus they did a lousy job in my mind, let alone my mouth.

 
One dentist asked me what I was doing there: my teeth were fine after I told her it was a checkup after 1 year. She also had a lousy attitude.

So today I am going to a new group. Will it be better, I don’t know, and I don’t necessarily expect them to be better, however I will see how long they last before I get mad.

I asked TLW (The Little Woman) to look up some dentist in her plan and then on Sunday as we were leaving the diner from breakfast, I saw this dental group who happen to be in her plan and so we got some info.

TLW got me the names of about five doctors, there ages, graduation dates and schools and even if they are paying their taxes I guess. Seems like I was interviewing a new designer to work for me, and maybe they will have a resume in there hand as I show up. This mean I have to break them in, Discussion topics will be selected and their IQ will be estimated. It is a tough job interviewing dentists.

First you need to make friends with the receptionist. This is vital; it builds my confidence that they like me. I mean once I sit in that chair, I’m at their mercy, so first thing in the door will be nice-nice.

Then the tooth fairy, the guy that cleans your teeth and asks personal questions like: How many times a day do you brush your teeth?” Experiencing any pain? Do you want your mommy? ARE YOU GONNA MAKE A MESS IN YOUR PANTS AGAIN WHEN I TAKE OUT THE NEEDLE?” Now these are good questions, but invasive.

Then there is the dentist himself. Always cheerful and filled with kindness, he uses his instruments to torture you! Deep, deep down into your mouth, past your tonsils and larynx to the pit of your stomach, where you will feel the drill and needle and I really want my mommy!








Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should!

No comments: