Friday, February 02, 2018

HOW DO YOU DO!!!!!!?

Jessie PA




I went to my quarterly checkup a few days ago and was greatly surprised, but pleased.

My physician retired and when he did he left an office that once was decorated in early 1970, with old floors and lousy rugs and paneling throughout the many rooms and a telephone booth that he converted into a room that housed a toilet and sink. This is the crucial room where you go to give out your pee sample and they see if you need shock or Ph balance like a pool.

I arrived at the office and enter the reception room, and I'm blown away! Yes, everything has changed, new flooring, a paint job, and some really nice prints on the walls beautifully framed. The chairs are all new and comfortable and I'm thinking: WOW!

There's even a little nameplate stating the attending physician is Jesse, the Physician's Assistant. "JESSIE PA" Just like that.

I have to sit down and take a breath. This is all too heady, and I wonder if my old doctor knows about these changes, let alone a Physician's Assistant.

A new nurse comes out and calls me in. She has a rich Germanic accent and is gorgeous, and I'm thinking its Jessie the new person in the mix.

I get ordered to step on the scale, then told to go pee.

Returning with the cup I place it on the counter next to my paper file. There is a computer screen in every one of the four examining rooms, with all your data about medications and tests or any criminal activity I may have been involved in.

Suddenly there is a knock on the door of the examining room, something that sounds soft, polite, maybe even sexy-it must be Jessie!!!

It is, and if she tries, she will never be sexy in my eyes, her voice is deep and she has the makings of a beard.

Jessie is a male nurse.

No comments: