Saturday, February 10, 2018

OH, THE PAIN!

--> I usually get my medications from Aetna Home Delivery in my mailbox. One medication I suspect they are screwing me with. I always run out of it before I should. The doctor puts in the prescriptions on time and they have clearly indicated on the return the dosage.

So, of course, there is a master plan that should work and doesn't. To the last possible day do I get the meds, not one day sooner.

Then they arrive and I go through the list and discover, the medication I always fall short on is really short this time. I should get a three-month supply, 90 pills, instead I get 7 pills and notice the med has no refills. So, what do I do? I call my doctor. (You thought I was going to say I took a nap)

I reach for my cell phone and call the boy, and this is what I get

"Doctors office"

"Hi, my name is Joe Delbloggolo, and I'm Dr. Ponchovilla's patient. I got my meds in the mail today and I am short 83 pills of Ramamucchie that I take once a day. All I got was 7 and it can no longer be refilled.

"Your doctor is?"

"Ponchovilla"

"And you are???"

"Joe Delbloggolo"

"And you are calling, why?"

"Because I'm short 83 pills of Ramamucchie."

"What is your birthdate?"

"July, way back when."

"Are you Joseph?"

This person speaks perfect English, she just doesn't understand it. This is of course, different from my usual complaint of not understanding what I usually get on the phone. Accents can be excused because this is America, stupidity takes some adjustment.

No comments: