Tuesday, July 23, 2019

GREAT STUFF!


Every summer I try to find and read a book that will carry me through the season. A book can better recall the lazy, hazy days of summer I read that year.

Finding such a book as I describe is not always easy, sometimes it comes easily and sometimes not. The criteria for such books must be that they are important: interesting, informative and entertaining. When I find such a book two things happen: 1) I slow down the reading because I don’t want to finish it too quickly and 2) I don’t want it to end.

This past summer I had the pleasure of meeting someone who I so enjoyed meeting. He is the author of a book called ‘AMP’D’ written about an amputee that deals with life half-handed. The author’s name is Ken Pisani and he is a hidden treasure who needs to let me know when his next book is being published. The man is a very gifted and talented writer who wrote his book just for me. I know, how can I claim that but it feels like it was written to open up and sharpen my field of awareness and vision, it seems to address me personally. The main character takes you by the hand off-handed and gives you the details of a funny yet sad tale. 

When I visited #1 Son in Burbank in June, he mentioned that he had a friend who wished to have lunch with me. Never turning down lunches and meeting someone new are my things, and so we did. Ken apparently reads my blog: DelBloggolo.blogspot.com and wanted to see if I am part of a scheme to defraud people of their sanity or into thinking that someone like me could possibly exist and still be free to move about.

Me, The Author Ken Pisani & #1 Son, Anthony
The lunch was then made memorable when Ken and #1 Son split the bill for the sushi, followed by the best gift of all, a surprised autographed copy of his wonderful book AMP’D!

I will treasure the book because not only did it come from a talented author signed with encouragement, but, it is a summer highlight that will bookmark this past summer.

If you want to read something that has style, is fun and goes all too quickly, then get a copy of his book, you will want to read it a second time as I do.

AMP’D
Ken Pisani
St. Martin’s Press

No comments: