Tuesday, July 16, 2019

I’M SICK OF THIS PLACE!


I know it’s a hospital but I am sick of this place! Long Island Community Hospital is for the birds, the pits as it continues to earn its’ reputation as a lousy hospital. They are under-staffed and poorly organized as they work hard to maintain their reputation as incompetent.

As a patient who does not speak, my daughter needs to be watched for both her safety and recovery, yet, every morning when I arrive she is not is a stellar condition. She looks frightened and disheveled. This morning I raised the roof as she lay there almost totally exposed and in pain, and no one was around! So I boomed out loud I wanted a nurse as I stuck my head out the door. One came running and I told her in no uncertain terms I was angry and something needed to be done about it!

When she was transferred to the hospital originally, the nursing home sent over a whole bunch of medications she needed to have. So what happened? From Thursday to Saturday she had no medications, especially her seizure meds. Yesterday she had a seizure. When she was in St. Charles Hospital in Port Jefferson, her care was exemplary, professional and well monitored, not the poor lack of professionalism she is receiving now.

Long Island Community Hospital has changed its name from what was once called Brookhaven Memorial Hospital. The way they operate, I can't blame them for changing it!

No comments: