Thursday, May 04, 2006

FROM AN ACORN GROWS AN OAK

On the wall of my office there is a paper place mat from an Italian restaurant that I ate at a while back with my son Anthony. This placemat I speak about comes from the restaurant that Robert Blake the actor was accused of murdering his wife in, or near by. The reason I have it is that it is autographed by a special person that my wife and I have adopted on the TV screen. His name is Josh Peck, and he is a very fine actor. We have seen him in a number of shows on TV, and watch him frequently on a show called Drake and Josh.

Josh Peck is a very humble kid with a lot of success in his future. He has appeared in; The Guardian, Mean Creek and Fillmore, and to show versatility Mad TV, to name a few. Josh made his film debut in the film, Snow Day, and appeared on The Amanda Show. He also starred opposite Alex D. Linz and Zena Grey in the film, Max Keeble's Big Move in 2001. Josh appeared in several films, including Spun and Mean Creek, for which he received critical praise.

More recently, Josh appeared in the film, Special, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in January 2006. He voiced over as Eddie, one of two possum twins in the animated sequel, Ice Age 2: The Meltdown, in March 31, 2006.
My son has written for his current show on Nickelodeon called “Drake and Josh.”

I was out on business or it may have been a gift trip my son gave me for Christmas one year to Los Angeles, when he asked me if I’d like to meet him for dinner. I said absolutely, since I sensed if my son liked him, I would too. Needless to say, he is an actor just like Tom Cruise, but with brains, acting ability, and charming character. He had a great line he quoted from his Mom. We were talking about Florida for some reason, and I mentioned I have an Aunt who lives in Boca Raton, and he said his Mom says it’s “God’s waiting room.” If you can catch this kid, please try to, and you will fall in love with pure talent, good looks, and just a great kid.

It’s an easy name to remember, Josh Peck, and you will thank me for it, because you will find a Hollywood rarity, an actor you genuinely like.

No comments: