Friday, September 01, 2006

WHO NEEDS AN EDUCATION?

It seems I’m getting an education on everything in the world, and then some. Sitting in the car with my son while I drive him to school every day has become a “learning” experience. #2 Son knows everything, sees everything and hears EVERYTHING!

I was up in my studio on the computer and #2 Son brings up what appeared to me to be a stranger. The “Stranger” had on a funky hat, beard and long hair. Of course #2 has to be funny and say: “I’d like you to meet my girlfriend.” Of course I’m not thinking that he’s kidding and say to myself, “Well at least this one looks more intelligent than his last one.” It came time to leave for school so I tell #2 Son to get ready to go, and as I go out the door I see the “stranger” as he is heading across the street to the Ignellzi household and realize the “stranger” is Joey Ignellzi! I shout out “Joey?” and Joey turns around and we chat. He tells me something about himself and I tell him of myself and off we go in different directions. Once in the car I ask #2 Son:

“How come Joey isn’t working today.”

#2 Son: “You know he isn’t in the food business.”

“Yes, he works with his Mom in a old age home.”

#2 Son: “Yup, the old people sleep on Friday, that’s why he’s off.”

With that I took him to school then went home and took a nap.

No comments: