Thursday, June 19, 2008

DEAR TLW,

It’s been 37 years now, and I learned that you never know where you will find love. Sometimes you find it in a supermarket over the produce, a bar, place of worship, or some social event. I found it of all places on the Long Island Railroad.

When I saw you for the first time, it WAS love at first sight. The train became a cloud, and a dream like essence filled the air! You looked very business like in your black-rimmed glasses, and your smart business attire. I wondered who the lucky guy was. But no one appeared, and your ring finger told me even more.

I noticed something about you that was instantly attracting me. You had a kind face, beautiful and the look in your eyes told me: “This is the gal for me!”

When I had the courage to speak with you, (Which was within days) I came with high hopes and yet, expected to be shot down, out of the cloud, the airy essence dissolving before my very eyes. Instead, you treated the encounter with grace and class.

That you said “yes” when I asked you to marry me was only the beginning. The following 37 years have made me very happy that I did ask you. You are beautiful, classy and intelligent. Your heart is larger than a Montana sky. Your grace and kindness mesh into a fabric of golden threads that warm the soul. You are too honest for your own good, and I admire and look up to you. And all your attributes grow gracefully with age.

Thanks Sweet Heart, I Love You.

Joe

3 comments:

Steve Philp said...

Congrats to both of you!

Laura L-V said...

TLW is a fox!! -LL

Anonymous said...

beautiful. May God continue to bless your marriage.