Sunday, June 22, 2008

MY FIRST EXPERIENCE WITH CRIME


The other day I typed in my old Brooklyn address, and came across this amazing thing. They show you your house as it is today. Not only that, but you can take a virtual tour of the old neighborhood!

So, I decided to visit my old school, Our Lady of Lourdes on Aberdeen Street. As I “walked” by, I came upon the Boy’s entrance to the school. It was here that at a tender age of 5, that I witnessed my first crime.

I recall standing on the sidewalk looking into the doorway. Suddenly the doors opened up, and coming out were a bunch of older boys, maybe the 6th or 7th or 8th graders. They had a bunch of basketballs and were bouncing them on their way out of the building. One of them stopped in front of me and said: “YOU DIDN’T SEE THIS, YOU HEAR?”

Up to this day, I’ve kept my mouth shut, but I can’t go on any longer. I did see it, but I don’t remember who they kids were.

My conscience is cleared.

No comments: