Wednesday, October 08, 2008

LOOKING SENATORIAL

The other day I was helping TLW (The Little Woman) clean the kitchen. As you must all know by now, I have tendonitis in my right shoulder and arm, or so the doctor says.

As I moved about, the need to compensate for movement was there. I kind of sneaked up on each movement, thinking before hand how to do it. I complained to TLW, and she made a recommendation.

“You should study John McCain. Watch how he moves. He never moves his arms over his head.” She said. “But he got that way from torture in North Vietnam. You got that way from my torturing you.”

Responding I said; “You’d think I’d get a little sympathy?”

“What do you mean, I’m sympathetic!”

“I retorted: “Not you, I mean the public in general for living with you.”

Flowers may be sent to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital, but I don’t know which room yet.

Please remember my buddies Joan and Anita.

No comments: