Monday, October 13, 2008

MOSTLY THERE

Writing a novel is hard work. First, there is the premise, then the outline. Then there is the point of view and the tone that dictates the flow. With the writing is the research.

Countless hours at the library, coupled with the Internet and my own material, go hand and hand with the rewrite.

Sound like fun? It is! Great fun, that makes you disciplined and focused. I don’t know if it will ever get published, both by my intentions or the fact that it is good enough, but I know I enjoy it. Just like this blog, I have a compulsion to write, and write I will, if only for myself.

Any art is like life itself. If you find someone special, you make a lifetime commitment and off you go. So, it is with art. You can’t help but want to create, just as you would love someone. Off you go and you become involved.

Please remember my pals Anita and Joan.

No comments: