Thursday, October 23, 2008

MOVING RIGHT ALONG


If the fiasco of the check-in at Southwest Airlines wasn’t enough, I continued my quest for stellar recognition by heading toward the conveyer belt and metal detector.

Coming to the line, I noticed this lady with an extra large chest! The only reason I noticed is, it was extra large. She had two little girls, but that was all that was little about this lady. Did I stare? You betcha! I may be old, but I’m not dead.

I know, I’m not ashamed of myself, but then again, she should have put them in holsters.

Anyway, I grab one of the grey trays to put all my stuff into. My stuff composes; wallet, small leather card holder, cell phone, keys, pill box for my 4:30 medication, (for staring at big boobs) and about $400.00 in loose change, in pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters. You may wonder why I carry all that loose change.

Into the x-ray machine my tray goes, off I go to cross over to the other side, where St. Peter, in the form of a woman with a wand checks me out with a smirk. I wonder why she is smirking when I look down, and there is a hole in my sock, with my big toe sticking out! Nice!

I reach for my shoes, wallet, and all the goodies I carry. Rushing to get my stuff and stuffing it in my pocket, I start to fumble with the change. By then, it amounted to roughly $523.32, and it was not cooperating, slipping out of my hands. One of the security people, watching my desperation, comes over and picks up my tray, tilting it into my hands, pouring it all out for me.

But the transition does not go that smoothly. I dropped my glasses, once more.

Please remember my pals Joan and Anita.

No comments: