Saturday, December 27, 2008

AND SO IT GOES


I just ended my physical therapy sessions. It really didn’t help, but in the end, that is secondary. What is good is I met some nice people that concerned themselves about someone else’s health.

We go through life, and we stare at strangers, look cross-eyed at people we think wronged us, and forget all the good that people are capable of doing.

In the course of the therapy sessions, six women shared a laugh, told me a little about themselves, and allowed me to tell them about me. There were strangers when I met them, and in five years, they will probably be strangers once again. That is sad, but then again, that is life. I may see one somewhere, think: ‘I know that person from somewhere!’ but will not ask where.

Sometimes I see people and think that he or she would make a great friend. I don’t bother because many people don’t want to be friends, and feel strangers are an intrusion to their perfect lives. Too bad, I love meeting people and love to share a laugh. It beats any alternatives.

If I didn’t have that attitude, just think what I may have missed! I would never have met TLW (The Little Woman), or my best friend, Phil. I would have missed out on meeting my in-laws and Phil’s family. I ask you to take a moment to remember people that I know, some well, some not so well. Why? Because it could be me, or God forbid, you, or someone YOU love. It must feel lonely to ail so acutely, to suffer and fear what may lie ahead. So we should pray. Even if we don’t think there is a God, we should at least hope.

Please remember my pals Joan, DD and all those we need to hope and pray for.

No comments: