Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR’S EVE!

So another year is drawn to a close! People will join tonight and tip one last one for 2008. For me, it has been an interesting year. I met some nice people that made my year. One of them is MSF (My Special Friend) Nancy. A great gal I wrote about in October, after attending a wedding in Florida. We wanted to invite her to our Annual Christmas Eve dinner, but she lives too far away. Another is Santo and his beautiful wife Carole, who we met in the Long Island Mac Arthur Airport, then again in Arizona, this past January! Finally, there was Jim Pantaleno, from my old neighborhood, school and a fellow blogger (http://spaldeendreams.blogspot.com). Read him, it’s good for your health; well being and can cure what ails you!

Of course making new friends does not preclude mentioning and thanking the old ones in readership, but young in spirit and mind. There is MFF (My Favorite Fan) Laura, my sunshine gal. Having MFF read is enough for me to continue writing. There is Jan Spauldeen. Jan is my buddy from PCH, and a great person to know when you need a laugh. Married to Spin, she teaches me what true love means between a couple. Not to be out done, there is Carole and Joe Sapienza, from PCH, who moved to Arizona, and the state of the State was raised considerably by their presence. Of course, there is also the Lovely Carole and her husband, MMB (My Man Bill), my next door neighbors. I will say this without reservation; they are the best neighbors one could possibly have. I love them both, and hope they live a hundred years! Then there is one of my oldest readers in terms of readership: Steve Philp. (http://sphilp.blogspot.com). Steve’s blog will give you a smile, and good teeth, let alone a healthy heart! The Fab Five from California, #1 Son’s and Mine’s good friends, and the Molaro Family, and last but certainly not least, Lois (Toots II) for your readership. To Maureen, Angela, Sara Mrs. Garrity and all my in-laws that read and haven’t tried to convince TLW to leave me, thanks! To Phil, my best man, is there any other? Then there are my sisters, Tessie (Older, much older), and my other older sisters of the covenant: Fran, Mary Ann and Joanne, I love you all. Finally, TLW, (The Little Woman), #1 Son and #2 Son for their support and understanding in letting an old man write.

I know I left some of you out! Not on purpose, but because there are many now. To all of you: THANK YOU FOR READING, AND PLEASE CONTINUE. I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU, AND SEND THOSE COMMENTS, I DON’T CARE IF YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE, SEND THEM.

I’m hoping that this year, I can continue to write and be spontaneous in the blog. I invite anyone to write as a guest, and it will go in unedited and uncensored.

The blog has a mission-to write how I feel on any given day, any given subject. I believe that you write about the good in people, before they reach the grave. Because we are so competitive, we lose sight of the fact that there are good people that need to be recognized, and appreciated. Of course as a group, be it in politics, sports, religion or any field, collectively, we make mistakes. That is something I WILL comment on. But religion and politics, I don’t comment on.

So, pray for all those that need our prayers. For people like Joan, and DD, and all the sick of this world, you are not alone. There are those out there that will pull for you in your time of crises. To the families of those who are helping to fight, remember that we all need each other, this is a cold world, which only warm hearts and helping hands can conquer.

P.S. Some websites to read: (http://www.thesneeze.com/) and (http://www.forgotten-ny.com/) and most importantly; (http://www.ahrcsuffolk.org/)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, I hope you and TLW have a very Happy New Year and that 2009 brings your family nothing but health and happiness (and maybe a stick of pepperoni) :o)

Love you and always still miss you @ PCH.

Spin says Hi and said, oh yeah, he's the one in my rehab picture album you made me with the strained smiling face and "bubble" that says "I'm not smiling this is gas" Gotta love ya Joe! -jan/PCH

Fran said...

Happy New Year Joe to you and your family. Hope you enjoy what 2009 has to offer. We are all enjoying your blog. No pressure or anything, but keep it going!!
Love,
Fran and Tom

Unknown said...

Hey Joe and TLW,
You never know...I might just show up next Christmas Eve ! I have heard about the celebration from Joanne and Don for years and can't imagine a better place to be, especially now that I have been adopted! :-)
I absolutely love to read your blog and eventually will probably get over my "shyness' and actually comment more!
Happy New Year to you and all of your lovely family and friends..
Nancy