Friday, December 26, 2008

AN EPIDEMIC!


It’s the day after Christmas. The dinners are all gone, the presents unwrapped and the guests are all departed. So what do we do? Why have another Polish birthday party, that’s what!

It is not enough to have a Polish brother-in-law; you really need a set, made in the same month. So, without further ado, may I reintroduce, John, the Polish Prince of the prim and proper?

There is something about Polish brother-in-laws that sits well. I don’t know if it is the easygoing nature, or the generosity, or just the fact that they are good people. I feel I’ve known John All my life! Then when I have a cold, I feel that I’ve had that too, all my life! But all kidding aside, it is true. He has been like an old shoe that you keep around. Always comfortable and always reliable, he is a model father, grandfather and husband.

I kid him because he is Polish, and he takes it in good nature. He is the most practical guy I know. As I said in the past, he has survived living with Lucy Ricardo all these years with just a few pounds added and a little hair subtracted. Retired now, he counts his blessings and his money, as he showed me how to get three cups of tea from the same tea bag, taking a piece of sliced bread, and butterflying it to make a sandwich, and using both sides of the Kleenex, all in the name of saving$. He has three great kids, (see August 27th, 2006 blog) with grandchildren and a house full of people every Christmas Eve. He also sleeps with his golf clubs and his money. Oh, before I forget, he has a great recipe for steak!

So, without further ado,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOHN!

No comments: