Wednesday, December 31, 2008

FINDING THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT


Right before Christmas, TLW (The Little Woman) and I had an opportunity to go to the Patchogue Theatre to see a Christmas Show. What made it special was we met up with three people that helped make the day special.

As you know, TLW works in a wanna-be bank, TFCU in Bohemia, along with her look and sound alike pal: Lois, or Toots 2. Along with Toots2 were 2 new people I met for the first time: Bill and Pat Weiper. Pat is a co-worker of TLW andToots2. Meeting in the theatre lobby, we split up the tickets, and since I was the funny looking one, had to sit alone, separated on the other side of the theatre.

The show itself was well produced, with a history of the Holidays through the years, hitting on the 20’s, 30’s 40’s and up to the present year.

After the show, we all went to a little Italian restaurant for dinner called: Mangia, Mangia. For you non-Italians, it means: ‘your stomach is empty, do something about it already!’

There were six of us, TLW, Lois, Bill, Pat, me and: a small fruit fly that had everyone doing strange things with their hands.

It turns out that Pat and her husband made my holiday! They set me up to feel good about the crowds, the rush and the bother, lending their cheerfulness to the start of my holiday. They are a nice couple, and I hope to know them better and see them again. Maybe when we have Toots 2, Jo-Ellen and Seth Smith for dinner, we will ask that Pat and Bill join us.

Pat is a cheerful lady, prone to smiling and laughter, and Bill, a guy with a good sense of humor and worth. I think when they meet Jo-Ellen and Seth, a certain chemistry will be evident. Stay tuned.

Please remember those who need our prayer and hope, as do Joan and DD.

No comments: