Friday, July 31, 2009

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

To me!

Three years ago today, I retired from the rat race! In those three years, a lot of productive things have happened. I’ve written a novel that I am submitting, I’ve wood carved and painted, and I’ve upped my commitment to NYSARC Suffolk, being on the Board of Governors, representing my agency, and serving on various committees.

Well, all that is fine, but what next? What do I do that will be a project well worth my time? For starters, I‘d like to try my hand at short stories, and maybe another novel. One other thing that looms on the horizon is increasing my artistic endeavors, and put together a nice size collection of paintings and drawings. I’m thinking of concentrating on pastels and pen and inks, too. I have some ideas that I wish to pursue. Who knows, maybe there is a market for my stuff, if not, so what?

I also would like to do one more thing, and that is take the time to start visiting the sick and bed ridden people of this world. These would be people that can’t get out on there own, and would like to have some company. I could read to them, or even just make them laugh. I think it is time I stopped thinking about myself.

I’m hoping to get a class reunion going from my high school, I’ve already been in touch with some pretty nice people, who all seem interested in doing so also.

I would like to maybe expand some friendships I’ve made this year, and renew some old ones, too. Of course, TLW (The Little Woman) may have to hold on for the ride of my lifetime!

Please remember my brother-in-law, John, a nice Polish kid from Manhattan, and all those that need our hopes and prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to be kidding!! I think it's great all these plans you have, but you have to be kidding when you state and I quote..."It's time I stopped thinking of just myself!" I cannot ever remember a time when you ever put yourself first!

love you!

Mary Ann said...

ahhh...forgot to sign my name above...sigh

Mary Ann lol

Jim Pantaleno said...

I would love to see some of your art. Do you have any digital photos?