Friday, July 24, 2009

LETTING GO IS SO HARD TO DO.

I know for a fact, that if I ever throw anything out, my life will crumble before me. It will be like the Holy Roman Empire and its demise. The super-structure of my inner being will be crushed; I will have no link to my past, and no future.

I have some computer stuff that I have not used in years, never will, and won’t throw it out! Yet, TLW (The Little Woman) will throw out something because she is tired of looking at it! I admire that, and wonder if I could ever do that.

Watching TV the other day, there was a program on about re-decorating home office space. There was this desk, clean of anything and behind it a credenza, with just a computer screen and keyboard. There was no piles of books, CD’s or papers of any kind, anywhere! Obviously, that was a fantasy constructed to annoy me. I thought: “Wow, wouldn’t it be (neat) to have a place like that to work in.

When I enter my studio, or office, my blood starts to pump, I see not a mess, but projects that need to be completed, started or continued. I feel alive in this studio, and can’t imagine how I will function when I start the process of debate, that being: do I really need this item?

I once took my brother-in-law Kevin, and his lovely wife Sarah, up to use my computer for a flight back home. I was wondering what they thought of my mess, and of me, but figured, they would understand. I know, I don’t!

My writing, my designing, my glass painting, this blogue, all done up here in the friendly confines of this mess! God I love it! But I will get on track and begin the process of confusing TLW by throwing stuff out!

Next week will begin the painful process of letting go. There will be much teardrops and angst. I will start to cry at a drop of the hat. But I WILL DO IT! Yes, I will. I hear you doubters, you Nay Sayers out there. You think I won’t? You want to step out side? WANT A PIECE OF ME??????

OK, I’ll calm down. I will start by throwing out at least one item a day starting Monday.

Pray for me.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO TWO OF MY FAVORITE LADIES, MAUREEN AND MSS-I-L (MY SICILIAN SISTER-IN-LAW) ANGELA!

Please remember all those that need our hopes and prayers, including my brother-in-law, John.

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Start with that Atari "Pong" game.