Sunday, July 26, 2009

THE IRISH ARE COMING! THE IRISH ARE COMING!


Actually, I’ll be going there.

One night a few months ago, TLW (The Little Woman) came home and announced she and her look alike twin; Lois Cope, from the Wanna-Be Bank and Trust Co., that they were going to an Irish festival of some kind. Yes, two Irishmen with Italian last names were going to Irish it up for the day. They were taking one of the bus tours I wrote about in the past and would I mind? Hell no, when do we go?

Well, it seems that TLW, Toots II, and another buddy Pat (The Patron Saint of Foxwoods Points) from the Wanna-Be Bank and Trust Co., and her husband Bill, will join us for this auspices occasion!

TLW’s instructions to me were very clear: “Don’t go putting this up on your blog!”

HMMM.

Apparently, thousands of Irishman in little skirts will be marching down this hill with bagpipes, while drinking beer! How can I not report that? How can I allow such an event escape the scrutiny of DelBloggolo?

If you think about it, if there were a thousand Italians marching down the hill, they would probably be on recess from some meeting of the ‘Boys’ from a resort at the top of the hill.

I was informed that there would be an Irish food buffet, of both baking and regular potatoes.

Now, Pat and her husband Bill are not Irish. No, like me, they are curios to witness the event, so they can tell their grandchildren about it.

As TLW proclaimed one morning recently: “It’s all set, you, Pat and Bill will all be going to the Irish Festival. You are all wanna-be Irishmen!”

Really?

As far as TLW’s admonition: there are legal ways around it.

Please remember all those that need our hopes and prayers, including my brother-in-law, John.

No comments: