Friday, April 08, 2011

AN OPINION POLL

The other night, after a visit to New England, TLW (The Little Woman) was sitting in her recliner when she suddenly spoke up.

Reading an email survey from the Homeless Suites where we stayed the previous week, she started to read out loud the questions in their survey.



“What was your experience as a guest at the Homeless Suites?” was the first question.

“Joe! What was your experience at the Homeless Suites?” she intoned.

“Well, I …”

“Did you like the exterior the way it looks?”

“What’s to like, it was a parking lot! I think…”

“What about the lobby, were you impressed?”

“Well I thought…”

“What about the maintenance crew, were they efficient?”

“Well, I’d give them…”

“OK, I’m not doing what you say! Were you feeling safe, was the security good, were you feeling at any time insecure?”

“Only when we went into our rooms together, that was a little scary”

“Then you were fine!”

“What would you give the cleaning crew?”

“A five or six”

“But that is only mediocre, I’m giving them a ten!”

“But you complained to me that they missed all the corners in the toilet!”

“Well their mothers may be reading it, and I don’t want them to cry. What was your overall impression of the hotel from 1 to 10?”

“A 6, I DIDN’T LIKE THE BREAKFAST!”

“You are just a crotchety old man! I’m putting your name down in this survey, YOU can explain to them why you hate their mothers.””

I don’t like to give my opinion, it seems it must be too harsh, I should tell it like she likes it to be!

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Their surveys ask so many questions. I spend more time completing the survey than I spent at the hotel.