Tuesday, July 19, 2011

JET BLUES



I recently read that JetBlue may be setting up shop in Long Island MacArthur airport. The reason this caught my eye is one of my sisters is a flight attendant for the airline.

Mary Ann, or as I like to call her: “Mariooch” has just joined JetBlue and moved from Chicago where she was based with her old airline to JFK and her new JetBlue career. What does this mean, you wonder?

Probably a great slow up for DelBloggolo!


Everyday in my mailbox, there is usually an email form Mariooch, a cute little movie clip, a political point of view, or some cutesy thing she needs to let the world in on. This material she looks for or it is sent to her, it doesn’t matter, I will still get copied.

Moving from Chicago to NY has given rise to the number of emails, if she cuts down her traveling time she will have more time for more emails. This fact translates into less time for me to write about life, because I will be busy reading and deleting her emails.

All her emails start off with: “The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop, at late or early hour. Now is the only time you own. Live, love, toil with a will. Place no faith in time. For the clock may soon be still."

So you can see, if she isn’t informing me, she is scaring me to death!

NOTE TO MARIOOCH:
Dear Sister,
My clock of life is slowing down, it seems the batteries are getting old! The hands are too busy doing what your sister-in-law, TLW (The Little Woman) has ordered. I have the power to tell when the hands of time will stop, when I am told by TLW.

NOTE TO ANNMARIE
Dear Niece,
Please, please let your mother be baby-sitting more. Take long vacations with Greg, let your mother watch little Al. This will occupy her free time and she will then find it hard to stay on the Internet for long.

Pray for me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ED SMITH & CHRIS NAPOLITANO!

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Dear "Joey"....what else do you have to do?? I keep you busy and your mind stimulated.

And just to clarify...jetBlue is not "setting up shop" at MacArthur. They are considering it as a destination, not a base. If it were to become a base, I would definitely put in for it, so I could live closer to you. That way, you would no longer have to endure my emails! I would just come and visit everyday...very lonnnggg visits! I would even bring my grandson who is now entering the "terrible two's!" lol

You have just read my last email...hmpf!

xo

Fran said...

You are so lucky that Mary Ann even wants to send you an email! Be nice to younger sister! Shame on you!
Your other younger sister,
Fran

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

Dear Mariooch,
No one said anyone was setting up anything, I said they may be. Big difference. Nor did I say they were based anywhere, I said you were.
Slow down, don't be so quick, and eat your breakfast in the morning.
Joey

Arlene said...

Tom had a sister named Mary, who has since passed. The family used to call her "Mariooch". Must be an Italian thing !!

xl pharmacy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.