Thursday, July 07, 2011

WHATZAMATTERWITCHYER?


I was in the post office last month to purchase some stamps. The post office is small and is really an adjunct to a larger building elsewhere. Behind the counter stood the postman and facing him was a woman who was in the midst of making her life uncomfortable.

In front of me was this gentleman who was middle aged and wearing a t-shirt that said: “Police Emergency”. He was a burley man, a little overweight and about 5’ 9”.

The lady was in the middle of her harangue-

“What is it with you New Yorkers, always in a hurry, no smiles on your faces?”

The postman says: “I don’t know ma’am. I…

The Police fellow then speaks up:

“All yuz people come here ta live and breathe our ear and then try to tell us how we should live!”

The lady-“Well… I… you know…”

The Police fellow: “Why don’t you leave? Just l-e-e-v-e, leave.”

He then looks at me for support and says: “right?”

Me: “Yes sir, just l-e-e-v-e, leave!”

No comments: