Saturday, July 02, 2011

A NOSE FOR TROUBLE

Or, Could you come over here and smell this?



When I bought my used Prius back in February, I was really proud of my purchase. The price and mileage were all to my advantage, and the car is great to drive for so many reasons. I figured: there has to be a catch to this somewhere. I caught it.

The car stinks.



Not an overwhelming smell, an insidious, low-grade stink that permeates from somewhere, where that is, I don’t know. I have tried everything to rid the car of it, but it doesn’t go away. I didn’t smell it when I went to the car dealership, because I know that they must have masked it.

So I went to TLW (The Little Woman) and she suggested baking soda, which I tried and sprinkled it on the seats and floor. The next morning I went out and vacuumed and decided to test the results, but because I was so close to it could not tell. Bringing in the vacuum to put it away, TLW asks:

“Does it still smell?”

“”I’m not sure, I need another nose.” (One that is used to poking into my business, can come up with an immediate opinion, and will tell me where to go next, nose.)
Out to the car we go, she enters, closes the door and shakes her head NO!

“You still stink!”

“What about the car?”

“I suggest you put vinegar in some bowls scattered throughout the car, overnight.”

Now here is my problem: If I listen to her for a change; will my car smell like a salad?

Maybe a salad that is going bad???

3 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Sounds like the Seinfeld episode when the parking valet contaminated his car with a smell so bad that it attached itself to the car's occupants. They referred to it as "the beast".

pamela said...

My favorite is to cut up a Whole onion and leave it there for at least a week............just saying.

Carol said...

I know vanilla candles worked in my house "when" I cooked, but you would have to take the chance of the car going on fire!! Or what about charcoal!!