Saturday, July 09, 2011

WHAT? AGAIN!



Every year at this time, TLW (The Little Woman) celebrates her birthday. Unlike me, who hasn’t had a birthday since I turned 50, hers keep on coming, and I keep on getting older. It is strange because she doesn’t seem to get any older, but I do!

Oh, she can complain that she has aches and pains, but she does that to make me feel good, so I don’t feel alone. Before we were married I did the usual checks on her, a D&B, a request of all her health and dental records, and her birth documents. The strange thing is she said her birth documents were all destroyed in a fire. So I asked: “Are you younger than me?” Her answer was: “Yes, that’s it, I’m younger than you.” I inquired if there was a way I could verify that and she said that I just had to believe her, after all; she did go to Catholic school.

Through the years I’ve noticed other things about her. For instance she has gone to the bathroom only 4 times in 40 years. She could subsist on a diet of pizza for the rest of her life, and she has all my money. She doesn’t always laugh, except for those rare occasions when I trip and fall.

There is one problem in particular: she has a rotten memory; she remembers EVERYTHING I do or say!

So today is her Birthday! We will downplay it for her sake, but we will go out with friends, and celebrate one of my favorite people, http://lbeeler.blogspot.com/ Laura’s birthday as well that falls on the same day as TLW’s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HEW. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HEW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TLW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY I LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

pamela said...

Happy birthday, Ellen.

Mary Ann said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLEN!!! Have a wonderful evening celebrating!!

Jim Pantaleno said...

Happy Birthday Ellen. See you folks later.

Princess Pat said...

Happy Birthday Ellen and many, many
more. Sorry, couldn't top the sponge cake last year. That was a classic.
Love ya. See you Monday.