Sunday, March 11, 2012

IT DOESN’T NECESSARILY MATTER


I signed on to the DNC list, no, not the Democratic National Convention, but the Do Not Call list, to stop those annoying phone calls that I still get.

The reason I get these calls is the company’s are either start up or independents that got bigger and don’t know they are not supposed to call me. I can tell by the caller I.D. the kind of caller it is, usually: “Unknown” or some cell phone number I never heard of or some company that is somehow trying to hide their identity.

But lately the Government is hiding behind another number!

The phone rang the other day and I look at the caller ID and it says: “American Voice.”

I think this is another dumb-ass caller, and I’m not overly busy and I like to confuse unsolicited phone callers and have fun, so I decide to take it.

“Jellooow?”

Suddenly, this recorded voice states that me, “or someone who lives at this number is scheduled to meet with Social Security tomorrow at 1:50 PM”.

I hang up in a daze. I’m dumbfounded! Does Obama know his boys are calling me under an alias? 

We have to go to Social Security because they are mixing up my daughter with my wife. They both have the same name and both boss me around, so the confusion. To avoid any sense that we are cheating the US Government and you dear reader, we asked for an appointment to clear up their confusion.

Then I got a call from this guy that was feeling very important.

“Jellooow?” (That’s me)

“May I speak with TLW?”

“She’s not here.”

“Is this Mr. TLW?”

“Okay.”

Our inspectors are in the neighborhood offering FREE home inspection improvement for free of charge!”

“Wow!” and I hang up. (Social Security paid for that!)

All in a day's work.

No comments: