Saturday, March 31, 2012

HAPPY SIXTH BIRTHDAY TO DELBLOGGOLO!




SIX YEARS AND YOU’D THINK I’D LEARN?

Yes, it is the 6th year of DelBloggolo, 6 years of making fun of myself, and 6 years of a lot of fun! But most of all it is 6 years of being grateful for you dear readers. You are what I think of when I write, because if you don’t read, I don’t write.

I'm my own man, she's just behind me!
Probably the only person I have to fear when I write is TLW (The Little Woman). I will let a personal secret out: we have been sleeping together. The reason I mention it is if I am found suffocated the police will need a place to start the investigation. She sends out weekly disclaimers, and some day when I really slip, she will actually perform: “Justifiable homicide”. But I will at least die with a smile on my face and deep gratitude that she loved me.

Along the way I have helped people remember their car keys and cell phone, along with any mistakes they make, including knowing me. If I single you out in a blog, it’s because I think you are a good person and I enjoy knowing you.

Six years is a lot of time and it went quickly! There are some new readers out there and the blogue seems to be growing everyday!  I have learned a lot during this wonderful time, and many things have and can happen in six years. I have tried to be my own best target of the fun, and not offend if I could help it. But I am human, and I do get angry, and I do stupid things, too. I have had arguments with checkout robots, made love to food, and praised everyone I found worth praising and talking about. The best thing that happen is my #1 Son finding a girl of his dreams, a girl that is very special to me, and she comes from a wonderful set of parents who made her that way to some degree. The addition of new nieces and nephews to the family as I marvel at what once was and now is in terms of the growth.

There have been moments of sadness for me, particularly on anniversary dates, but that has to be, because that is what it is and part of my life, it is also part of healing. But the best things are really noted, and appreciated, including my readers.

So, thank you TLW (The Little Woman), TLC (The Lovely Courtney), #1 Son, Anthony, #2 Son, Michael and my beautiful daughter Ellen, to the esteemed Mr. Walker, my SS-I-L Angela, and all my In-laws, none of which are out-laws, all my truly beautiful and fun filled sisters: Tessie my older sister (much older), Fran from Connecticut (This Joe, from New York), Mary Ann who flies on a plane too, and Joanne who is responsible for her husbands candidacy for sainthood. But there are my brother-in-laws John, Tom and as I mentioned Don, and all the vast number of nieces and nephews and their children, my friends from high school, college and places of work in my life and Mom who I saved for last because she started it all!

And so I wish you all a long life, a healthy life filled with only good things. Remember this: My door is always open, if you need me I am here and if we ever disagreed, my heart is open to reconciliation and a willingness to bury the past and live on because the disagreement doesn’t.

Thank you all and each and every one, I love you all.

Joe


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank YOU! I never start my morning without a cup of joe and a cup of Joe! Your blogue is a great way to face the day.

-#1 Son

Jim Pantaleno said...

DelBloggolo rules.

Princess Pat said...

Always brings a smile to my face!!!

Laura ESL Teacher said...

I'm catching up on my blog reading! Happy Anniversay! Thanks for all the laughs!

Laura ESL Teacher said...

I'm catching up on my blog reading! Happy Anniversay! Thanks for all the laughs!

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.