Friday, March 23, 2012

SOMETHING ABOUT THE MONTH OF JUNE


This month, March is the month of birthdays in my family. I have two children with birthdays this month, and two sisters who have birthdays this month, not to mention nieces and nephews.

NEED I WRITE MORE?
I already highlighted one birthday so far, my daughter Ellen and today is another, that of my baby sister Joanne.

MY MAN DAXTON
Now Joanne is what we call a change of life baby; that is; she changed my life of one that fought with three sisters to one that fought with four sisters. A basketball fan, bigger than I am, and even a football fan, she has some moxie, plus she is a grandmother once and will be twice in May!

She and I go back a long way in retaliation, always tormenting each other with tongue in cheek, although it hurt her because she likes to talk too. We would poke each other and run, announcing: “I got you last!” usually accompanied with a wide grin. She even threatened to: Get me last as she says when I walked down the aisle to get married. Fortunately I was already up on the altar waiting for TLW (The Little Woman) when I did get hitched!

However the taunting never ended, as she was approaching puberty she was so skinny, I used to call her pencil, which riled her to no end and surprising she never took up kickboxing!

Her husband Don, currently under review by the Vatican for sainthood since I mailed in his application, is a successful businessman and obviously a survivor as well!

When she was born, my dad called with the news while I was painting the bathroom. Not believing my fate, (4 sisters) I tried to drink a gallon of latex semi-gloss (Benjamin Moore, only the best) but noting happened except cancelling a dental appointment to have my teeth cleaned.

And so she is another year older, and soon she will catch up with me!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOANNE! ALWAYS REMEMBER: THE POWER OF THE PEN IS GREATER THAN THE POWER OF THE POKE.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

I was in her office...I don't recall seeing her surrounded by all those photographs. hmmm