Monday, March 26, 2012

THE KID’S BIRTHDAY


“Not to name drop -- okay, I'm totally going to name drop -- I shook Stephen Hawking’s hand today! Check out this pic... I'm kind of hiding in the back row, to the right.”
#1 SON

CAST AND CREW OF THE BIG BANG THEORY WITH STEPHEN HAWKING
 

Today is #1 Son’s birthday. We actually didn’t name him #1 Son, he earned it after his brother was born, and it kind of made sense.

SANCTIONED PHOTO
As you know he got married last July 3rd, to The Lovely Courtney (TLC). They purchased a home in Burbank and things are fine, as he is working for The Big Bang Theory.

When he was born, I was already a father of my daughter Ellen, so it was old hat to me. Even when I drove through a thunder and lighting, torrential pouring rain to get to the hospital, ran up this big hill soaking wet to the door at 4:30 in the morning, only to find it was locked, I still took him and his mother home when it was time. (She could have waited until the storm was over!)

Anyway, by the time he was 2, people were wondering if I had a little person living with us. (We used to say midget) He spent his childhood correcting his old man, and once when he was 6 told me not to lose a hat he gotten me once before for Christmas. I had lost this denim cap he gave me as a present, and when I got a new one and said: “Gee Anthony, I’m really glad you got me a new one!” He said to me: “Good, don’t lose it this time.”

And so I began living a life of dealing with a sensible old man not even butt high!

As we get older as parents, our children seem to skip years and get even older, as we can’t believe they are as old as they are! I went to all his football, basketball and baseball games, not to mention arena hockey. If there was a roar of the crows and the clash of opposition, there stood my son in the midst of it.

STEPHEN HAWKING
Recently, he appeared on the Big Bang Theory and #1 was very excited. Apparently he ranks right up their with Michael Jordan, and if you don’t know who he is:
Stephen Hawking is the former Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at the University of Cambridge and author of A Brief History of Time, which was an international bestseller. Now Director of Research at the Institute for Theoretical Cosmology
at Cambridge, his other books for the general reader include A Briefer History of Time, the essay collection Black Holes and Baby Universe and The Universe in a Nutshell.

So I guess we can let him name drop. He did meet Buddy Hackett a few years ago and so he gets these opportunities. I met someone even more famous: his wife and his mother!

So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLD MAN! It’s been a great life for your parents!


4 comments:

Aunt Theresa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANTHONY;SO PROUD TO CLAIM YOU AS MY GODSON!! LOTS OF LAUGHS WITH "BIG BANG" LOVE YOU AUNT THERESA & UNCLE JOHN

Jim Pantaleno said...

Happy Birthday Anthony.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, guys! It was a great 39th birthday! I can't believe I'm going to turn 39 AGAIN next year!

-#1 Son

Anonymous said...

You have every right to be proud. He is the best thing to happen to my little girl (TLC)! We (my TLW and I) are proud to call him our son now!
Roger Hyde