Tuesday, March 13, 2012

SHE GOT A CODE IN HER NODE!


Yes, once every 5 years, TLW (The Little Woman) gets a cold bad enough to stop her. That next cold is scheduled for 2017!

She was sick enough yesterday that I suggested she stay home, and she went anyway. Today is a different story: she owns a 100.4F temperature, so last night I made home made pasta with scampi (feed a cold, starve a fever) I think is how it goes.

To tell you the truth, I expect to get it soon, but I’d rather have it than TLW having it. I’m miserable anyway, so no one will notice it on me. It seems to be traveling all over the place, and no one seems immune to it.

Many years ago while as a sophomore in Bellport High School, I was sitting in study hall when all of a sudden this feverish feeling took over. (I closed the Playboy and sat there.) The nurse sent me home and I went to bed. It was an extraordinary day with a nice warm temperature of around 70 degrees outside, and Mom was cleaning the house, with the windows wide open. Suddenly I had what seemed to be mosquito bites. First one than two than suddenly they were all over my body! I got up looking for this mosquito in March! Turns out it was hives!

But when TLW gets sick, the whole house gets sick, as nothing is right. If she is not healthy, than everyday life is off kilter. I used to marvel how when we were raising the kids, and they were sick, she would be amongst them working the magic to get them back to health, she was immune! Me? Oh I caught everything! However if she did get sick, she still took care of the kids first.

Yesterday when she went off to work, she came home not feeling well at all. She ate, that was good, but she was not TLW, so I banished her off to relax and take care of herself for a change. But I reminded her that her going to work when she is sick gets her nothing. No appreciation comes from the president of the company, and you could infect others. Usually it means you are very busy or afraid of being called a big baby. Right?

I used to get a lot of sick days, I think it was 6, and I really never used more than 1 or 2 in a year’s time. Riding the subways was the place to catch things, and did I ever. Hot steamy cars, crowds on top of you, coughing and sneezing people, you just had to catch something.

This next thing has nothing to do with being sick:

Todd's wife bought a new line of expensive cosmetics guaranteed to make her look years younger.
After a lengthy sitting before the mirror applying the "miracle" products, she asked, "Darling, honestly, what age would you say I am?"
Looking over her carefully, Todd replied, "Judging from your skin, twenty; your hair, eighteen; and your figure, twenty five."
"Oh, you flatterer!" she gushed.
"Hey, wait a minute!" Todd interrupted.
"I haven't added them up yet."

No comments: