Thursday, April 05, 2007

THE ART OF GIVING THE FINGER

In the new world of digital communication, it is still a preference of some to still communicate by hand and yet still be digital!

TLW (The Little Woman) and I were driving along Nichols Road one day as she was behind the wheel and I was in the front seat hiding under the dashboard when we came to an entry ramp on our right. As we did a young lady was doing about 90 mph trying to cut us off and go ahead of us at this blinding speed from the entry ramp! TLW became somewhat cautious but decided to maintain her speed since she couldn’t slam on her breaks at 60 mph and pass the young lady.

Peeking my head up to observe and see who the driver was, the sweetheart of a little girl gave me the finger. Maybe she recognized me and was saying: “You’re no.1!” Somehow I doubt this scenario and think that she was suggesting some kind of nocturnal activity for which we creatures are noted. Maybe she just had one nail done and was just drying it off, or felt that her middle finger was a thing of beauty for all the world to see, and we were getting a premier showing?

Little Miss Supercool was appalled that TLW would make her have to wait to get on the road as we passed her by. What were we thinking? This little gem had somewhere to go, and we were keeping her from it.

I replied in a similar mode, expressing agreement by aping her behavior, but I gave her a big smile as we passed her by. Mine of course was two barreled. I know this is all childish, but hey, don’t give TLW the finger. She looked annoyed by my return hand signal and looked away. Gee, I’m sorry, I didn’t know she was that important.

No comments: