Tuesday, April 17, 2007

OH WHAT A RIDE (PART THREE)

While recuperating in the hospital, there was a male nurse or orderly or physical therapist (I forget which) that came into my room and announced that he was to take me out to remove my cast.
This was about the second day of my stay. I thought that it seemed kind of soon and wondered if he was mistakened.

Me: Are you sure it’s me?”
He: Hey man, I know what I’m doing, don’t you question me.”
Me: OKAY

Off we go to this little room and he pulls out this small circular saw and begins to cut along the top part of the cast, all along I’m trying to get my skin as far away as I can from the spinning blade. All of a sudden a doctor pops his head into the room and says: “Hey, you got the wrong man!”

All the way back to my room, I looked up at his angry face and laughed out loud, as the gurney wobbled and sounded like a small tornado a few inches off the ground. I looked up into his arrogant face and laughed at him, and said: “Let me ask you one more time, are you sure it’s me?”

No comments: