Tuesday, April 03, 2007

DON’T LET THE SUN CATCH YOU CRYING

It’s a Sunday morning, dark and rainy. TLW (The Little Woman) has gone off to church and I decide to finish watching my Dracula CD I borrowed from the library. Hopefully the Librarian still likes me, but I’m a little worried about Jesus.

Sitting with my cup of coffee, all excited and daring the characters to scare me to death, I get involved in the plot. (Actually there are several plots being dug up for victims.)

Toward the end of this Spanish version with English subtitles, old Dracula is in trouble once again. This time however it is in Spanish, as he tries to suck some blood from the lovely senorita he has in his grasp. Alas, the first rays of sun are peeking through the bared window of his dungeon, and as it does, it starts to peek from behind the clouds and into my skylight in my den, right into my eyes! Yes, the Count and I, fighting the sun, him in Spanish and me in English.

Well you know what happens to him in any language, he gets a stake without potatoes and salad, while resting in his bedding for the day, while I recover from my steak and salad from the night before, while resting in my day bed, the recliner.

I hate when the sun shines and I’m watching Dracula, there ought to be a law!

No comments: