Wednesday, September 18, 2013

TAKING OUT THE KINKS…


or at least feeling them.

Don't look at me that way!
As we continue our journey to; ‘stuff we don’t need anymore’, and getting the house in shape to sell, I have begun the process along with what TLW (The Little Woman) started, and that is fixing up and redoing rooms. Fresh coats of paint, new molding, and installing new air-conditioners into bedroom walls, we also stir up the old bones and muscles we haven’t used in a while.

The old adage: ‘Use it or lose it’ certainly feels true in my case. Jumping up and down ladders, scrapping and painting, cutting wood and moving old furniture to the curb has awakened my old body,

I’ve been sleeping like a baby, and the feeling of doing these jobs as I once did so many years ago before hiring people has made me feel achier, but younger! The smell of freshly cut wood and even the application of paint, something I used to hate, can be a rejuvenator. With the weather cooling off, I have more energy to do even more, and I forget about how old I am until I realize it when my body rebels!

I have suffered from a bad leg since I was 21 and in an auto accident. Every time I stay on my feet for any long period over a half hour, my foot begins to give me pains. Together with my aching back, that hasn’t yet been resolved I am feeling it the next morning in particular! When everything hurts, you need time to adjust and work up the will to move forward once again.

We could hire someone to do these things, but it does get costly, and then I’m at the mercy of their schedules and promises that they don’t always keep. The ‘they’ being whomever I hire, is not always helpful.

As I write this, there is at my curb an old recliner, a desk and other things that we are tossing, but it looks like if I sat out there, I would draw a crowd and they would expect at least a cup of coffee. This has been going on for the last few weeks and so I am sure my neighbors must think I need more room or a bigger house.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY NEPHEW DAVID! 

Davis is one of the few that risks his life everyday as a fire fighter, and who has expanded his options into nursing! He's also on the fringes of being a daddy once again in the very near future!


No comments: