Wednesday, May 13, 2009

ITS FLOWERTIME IN FLOWERFIELD



That's where my money goes, to buy my baby clothes
I buys her everything to keep her in style
She's worth her weight in gold, my coal black baby
Hey boys, that's where my money goes

When we go walkin', she does the talkin'
And when my arm's round her, how time does fly
She does the teasin', I do the sqeezin'
Hey boys,...

She's got a pair of eyes, just like two custard pies
And when she looks at me, I sure get a thrill
She's got a pair of lips, just like potato chips


Well, I must confess: I have a mistress!

Now before you get all crazy on me and tell TLW (The Little Woman), listen to what I have to say.

This past two weeks, I spent over $275 on my mistress! Yes, but what do I get in return? The look of her beauty, the sweet smell that is her, the joy, knowing that TLW will appreciate her too. My mistress is Flowerfield Gardens in Farmingville, just east of Nichols Road off of Portion Road.

It is a fantastic place, a nursery run by AHRC Suffolk and the money goes to help the agency pay for programs and services that we would otherwise not have! Our workers are the best in the world, taking pride in what they do everyday. They live in our group homes, and do some wonderful work and are supervised by wonderful people.

Good workers are hard to find. Finding good workers that show up every day, eager to do their jobs, is rarer still. I spoke with one as she was putting some small plants into soil, a smile on her pretty face, and a pride in what she was doing. She seemed very happy, talking about her job, while doing it! How many people can talk and walk at the same time? She is a gem, but there were other gems, just as shiny, just as bright and valuable as she was!

If you look around, you will notice that the product put out is superior! Quality from quality is what it is! Beautiful flowers and plants, vegetables, hanging plants, beautiful displays, that make you spend money, because you do it selfishly, wanting to beautify your homes, hearts and souls!

Visit Flowerfield Gardens, do something wonderful for others and yourself.

Please remember my brother-in-law, John, and all those that need our hopes and prayers.

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Thats wonderful Joe! Never knew i existed when I lived in NY. I will be sure to spread the word!!!

Mary Ann

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

Thanks, Mary Ann!