Saturday, May 02, 2009

THE SILENT WITNESS

One of the people I failed to mention about at the reunion, and a favorite of mine is Toots II. Toots II is TLW’s (The Little Woman) friend at the wanna-be bank and a fellow graduate of Seton Hall High School.

If you don’t know Toots II, type in her name (Lois) in the search box above, and all the terrible things I’ve said about her in this blogue will be listed.

Toots II didn’t say much that night. No, she, like Toots I or TLW are intent on quiet observation and content with silent conclusions!

Going into the wanna-be bank, one would run the risk of mixing up the two. Once, when Toots II’s son Jason came into the bank, he asked TLW what was for dinner. It turns out when he went home for dinner, it wasn’t at all what he had heard he was having at the bank! I asked TLW why she didn’t tell him that she wasn’t his mother, she said: “Oh, he is such a nice boy, and he smiled when I told him what we were having for dinner, I didn’t want to disappoint him.”

One night, I went to pick up TLW for some function at closing. Everyone left the bank at the same time, and I was afraid of who I was talking to, until I got in the car, and TLW could show me some proof of who she was!

Anyway, Toots II wore her saddle shoes and skirt was below the knee. Sister Hairy Mary hardly notices you when you play by her rules, so Lois didn’t get yelled at! She sat next to me at the dinner, and I tried to remember that I was now in a stereo system of Tootsies!

Going home that night, both ladies sat in the back seat, and when I looked into the rear-view mirror, I thought I had too much to drink, I saw double Toots. Its bad enough to have a double vision when you are drunk, but when one speaks with the other, you should really pull over to the side of the road and sleep it off.

Please remember all those that need our hopes and prayers, particularly my brother-in-law, John.

No comments: