Friday, May 22, 2009

NO QUESTIONS, JUST ANSWERS


Welcome to the rolling forum of #2 Son’s political philosophy! I dear readers, am a prisoner in my own car, listening to his ‘solutions’ to today’s ills. As I drive, I hear these truly remarkable concepts, ideas and suggestions. Sometimes I have to pull over to figure out what I just heard, they are so remarkable.

When you are 22 years of age, it is nice to know you have all the answers to life’s troubling questions. Just ask #2 Son. #2 has his political and social philosophies all printed on his many t-shirts, and as we fold his laundry, we can read what he is thinking. I like to read them with a Jack Daniels Manhattan in hand.

The solution to world hunger for instance. Some people ask: where do we get the money, or the means to identify and deliver. No problem. Just feed them! #2's solution is simple, direct and end of the story.

Your community has a homeless problem? Call on #2 to solve the simple problem. “Just build homes.” God, why didn’t I think of that?

Are there poor people living near by in your neighborhood? No problem. “You take the heads of the huge corporations, even those that have started their own businesses and created jobs, and you reduce their salaries. After all, all they are doing is sitting on their butts reading the stock market and figuring out ways to make profits!” What would we do with the money they don’t get? Why give it to the hard workers! Of course! After all, they do all the work. Man, these are real solutions!

Everyone in this country should get health care. I agree. How? I don’t have a clue, but #2 does! “You just do it.” Come on guys, get with it!

I am thinking of calling the President and asking him to take #2 into his cabinet. The problem is Mr. Obama may become concerned that #2 will take his job away!

Please remember MMB (My Man Bill) and my brother-in-law, John, and all those that need our hopes and prayers.

No comments: