Tuesday, May 12, 2009

TROUBLEMAKERS ALL


One of life’s sweet moments is when the family gets together. The magic works for me, as it should. If you look at all my sisters’ faces, they, like me, love to laugh.

The occasion was the celebration of my very handsome nephew, Sean O’Hara’s First Holy Communion. Attending the 70 people present at my niece Laurie Ann and nephew, Gerard’s home were all the people I love to see. There was Joan and Joe O’Hara, Gerard’s parents, his family of sisters and nieces and nephews. There was the Bogdan clan of my brother-in-law, John’s two nephews and of course a slew full of neighbors, of Laurie and Gerard’s. Then there were the four sisters of the covenant. Yes, my four sisters. One drove from Connecticut, Fran, without passport problems at the border, along with her husband, the Polish Prince of Kielbasa land: Tom. There was the flying sister, using a plane for a change, Mary Ann, who flew in from Virginia. There was Tessie, the wandering grandmother, who never ever painted a wall in her house, because she is always changing their location. The walls are on wheels. My brother-in-law John will not get up at night in the dark, because the walls can change overnight! Then there is the baby sister, the silent one, Joanne. Joanne just moved into a new house, but won’t tell me where! Her husband Don, a prince of a man, who has the whole family in sympathy for him for marrying you know who, closed out the spousal list, along with TLW (The Little Woman).

Joining the large group was the Schneider’s, two and a half people, Annmarie and Greg. Making bets with everyone in a pool too see who wins $85 as whether it is a boy, girl, or whatever. You have to guess the day and weight, also. There was the Macaroni Man Chris and his lovely girlfriend, Kim.

I don’t think there were too many conversations that were serious. Serious will come someday, but not now. We are not a serious group. We love to tease each other, laugh with each other, tell stories and remember things from the past. It gives strangers a great insight into who we are when they meet us all together for the first time.

Please remember my brother-in-law John and all those who need our prayers. MMB (My Man Bill) has taken a turn for the better. Apparently I have to thank you all for your prayers and support for Bill. But when a good person has your help, you become even greater in my eyes! Thanks a million!

No comments: