Friday, May 29, 2009

THE UNIFORM OF THE DAY, PART II

Today’s uniform of the day is somewhat confusing to me. I really don’t understand wearing a baseball cap that has a visor that is not finished off or rounded. In the good old days, if you wore a peaked cap that was flat, and not sitting squarely on your head, you were either developmentally disabled or a sissy that didn’t know baseball.

Today, not only are they wearing the caps this way, they leave the labels on them too! Stickers, labels and tags hanging from caps, make for a very stupid look. Couple that with jeans that are torn, or pants that hang so far down, I can see your crack, makes me ill. These are fathers of little children! The so-called good examples or role models for their children!

The young people don’t walk anymore, either. They bounce along, a strut that looks like a mix between a march and a dance. Heads shaking like bobble head dolls, their index and pinky sticking out to talk, make the whole thing look embarrassing. The other hand holds a cell phone or some toy, where they drop out of reality and into an electronic nether world! Ah, the future of this once great country!

In fact, the young women are now getting into the act! They have surgically implanted cell phones, which are always on, as they drive, walk, shop or even use the toilet!

Do I sound like an old crank? Yes, I do. But hey, you dress that way to get attention, so you got it! If you dress that way, expect me to say something about it, here.

I guess people today who wear that uniform are trying to express their singularity or uniqueness, along with their sheep-like behavior!

Please remember all those that need our hopes and prayers, including MMB (My Man Bill) and my brother-in-law, John.

No comments: