Tuesday, February 16, 2010

IT’S ALL COVERED


During a cold spell at night, I was taking this very warm blanket that my Mom made for us many years ago. I treasure it, and use it carefully, because it is very warm, and she made it.

After using it for a week, I was having dinner with TLW (The Little Woman) who mentioned it to me.

“Boy, you’re like an old man now!”

“How’s that?”

“You are under all those blankets the last few nights!”

“It’s cold at night.”

“Yes, but you NEVER did that before.”

I thought about it, and felt maybe she was right. Why depress TLW, after all, we don’t want to remind each other that we are getting old.

The next night, I went back to sleeping the old way, without the extra blanket. I slept that way for a night or two, when I noticed the blanket missing! Looking around the bedroom one night, TLW was already in bed, when I see a strip of the blanket popping out of from under her side of the bed!

SHE WAS WRAPPED IN THE BLANKET!

She snookered me! Challenged my manhood, AND stole my blanket! I want my blanket. I WANT MY BLANKET!!

No comments: