Wednesday, February 10, 2010

IN WITH THE NEW AND OUT WITH THE OLD…



little by little.

Old habits die hard, and so do old computers, monitors and scanners, not to mention printers. Saturday was spent riding myself of antiquated computers and stuff, to make way for the new one I purchased. For years all that old stuff stood by me in thick and thin, and now it gets the final boot, out the door!

I can’t believe I’m humanizing my computers! What is wrong with me?

The space that the old computer took up is now used for planning my many projects, and for a small laptop I have for writing and keeping track of things, making me more than organized.

Let’s not kid ourselves; throwing all that stuff that still works out was a trauma for me.

Basically I’m cheap, except when it comes to TLW (The Little Woman). Once I buy something, or worse yet, someone gives me something, I hold onto it forever. I can be very sentimental, which leads to becoming a pack rat.

I have things in the refrigerator older than my kids! Underware that is so old, it has buttons, shoes that tilt to one side, from ware that the sides are starting to ware! But once I toss all the old stuff, and set up my studio, it felt good!



I now sit in the studio, a new man, something like that notebook you kept on the first day of school. It would be neat and organized, until the teacher started to get boring, and little noodlings appeared on the margins, and so you went for broke, you noodled the cover, too!

On Friday, 2009, I wrote about my messy studio and what it meant to me. You can look it up, but that is all changing, and for the better.

Around noon, I get a call from an old buddy of mine, a computer nerd who is coming to pick up a 20” monitor I gave to a friend of mine in the city. Charles is a great guy, who gives without asking for anything. He set up my new system with some adjustments that made me very happy, and now I am at full capacity. After all that time I complained about not having a computer (over a month) then needing new programs, all is right in the world. The only problem Dear Reader is that you are stuck with me. I’m sorry.

No comments: