Friday, February 19, 2010

IT"S 3:00 AM


And I’m wide-awake! Why, because a lot is going through my mind. I’m starting to see real progress with my high school reunion, we having made some final decisions and the invitations are going to the printer later this morning.

I’m also writing a proposal for a college research group, and the ideas are coming together, so I need to make notes and plan it out.

Speaking of colleges, I am still working on designing a 100th Anniversary book for NYC college, and I must say, I am happy so far.

I just finished up a lot of work for my daughter’s agency, AHRC Suffolk, and feel relieved that that is out of the way.

I’m still trying to find the time for looking for a new publisher for my book, which has been on the back burner for a few months, and I am in the beginnings of a new book that I had to set aside. This is all because my old computer went down on me, and now I am racing to catch up!

Speaking of the high school reunion, I am preparing a Power Point presentation for the big day, and that takes a lot of time. I’m putting in a lot of effort for my classmates, but it is certainly worth all the work. They are a great bunch of people and I look forward to seeing them all.

My golf committee meets on March 1st, and I have to meet next week with the Fund Raising committee, where the priest will introduce me to the groups. I think I better layout a overview and say a few words of introduction.

Tonight I meet with the web master of the website for the church, to discuss how I can utilize it and make smooth announcements without causing problems for everyone.

So as you can see, I am busy, but loving it! Being retired is not so bad.

I still need to write a blogue on Ellen’s Way: http://ellendelbloggolo.blogspot.com/ which I do once a week. It is a special project that is devoted to developmental and physical disabilities.

So that is why I am up at 3:00 AM, because I’m nuts!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had forgotten how to log on to Ellen's Way so after reading the 1st one, have missed the other postings that followed. I was so happy to see the blog mentioned in today's delbloggolo so that I can find my way back. I will take some time to catch up as I want to give each my full attention. I feel that if these parents took the time to write their thoughts and feelings, then I should read them carefully, respectfully and gently so I can really think about their experiences. Who knows. Maybe someday I will feel brave enough to contribute myself.
acm

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

ACM,
I WOULD LOVE AND HOPE THAT 'ELLEN'S WAY' WILL ENCOURAGE YOU TO CONTRIBUTE. NO INVITATION IS NEEDED, YOU HAVE A STORY TO TELL. JUST SEND IT AND IF YOU HAVE PHOTOS, PLEASE, SEND THOSE TOO!
Joseph Del Broccolo

Anonymous said...

Thanks.

Jim Pantaleno said...

Joe, Thanks for creating this site. It is hard to read about the people whose lives were changed forever, including my daughter and her husband, when they learned that their child was "different". Their stories are touching and sorrowful, but at the same time uplifting. No matter what the child's condition, there are a couple of common threads in every story. First the awe-inspiring love felt by the parents for their child, despite the difficulties and their fears for the future, and second the courage of the children themselves, and their ability to adapt to their condition and enjoy life. It is very humbling to know there are such people in the world. They deserve a forum to share their stories and to teach the rest of us the true meaning of love.