Wednesday, February 03, 2010

SWITCHED AT BIRTH



The two guys you see here are look a likes, no? Yes, that David Arquette IS a cad. Running around with two beautiful women who are celebrities! Why Courtney Cox and Amy Adams allow him to get away with this is astonishing!

Well the man does have astonishing taste in women. Become famous and you too can get away with that kind of thing.

Actually that is David Arquette with Courtney Cox, but the other couple is #1 Son, Anthony or Tony and the lovely Courtney Hyde!

Now I don’t want to sound prejudiced or biased, but I think that #1 and Miss Hyde make a better-looking couple.

I remember once in my youth (Yoot, for all you Brooklyn boys) climbing out of a subway in NYC, way back in the 60’s, and a lady coming up to me and saying: “Wow! If it isn’t Tony Bennet! Funny thing is, I took my wallet out, and it didn’t look anything like Tony Bennet’s wallet.

I once dated a girl in high school who looked like Patty Duke. I had a picture of her in my wallet, and would show it to people, and they would be amazed how much she did look like Patty Duke.

When I worked in Manhattan back in the 70’s, there was a typesetter that had an employee that was supposed to look like my brother. Not having a brother, I often wondered what my brother looked like that they should say that. I finally arranged a date to view the typesetting facility, and find out my look-alike had quit the day before!



TLW (The Little Woman) in her day was often thought to look like Billy Jean King! I never thought so, but people said it anyway. Then there is the Wanna-Be Bank and Truss Company where TLW works. In that building a certain lady works. She is known as Toots II, and is a dead ringer for TLW or Toots I. Not only do the ladies get mistaken for each other by customers, they even sound alike on the phone!

3 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

It's funny when someone says, "Oh you have to meet so-and-so...he looks just like you!" And then you finally meet so-and-so and he looks like %&*#. Gee, thanks for telling me. Excuse me while I step off this cliff.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliment but I think David Arquette is better looking -- and thinner! Of course my Courtney is prettier than Courtney Cox. : )

Jim Pantaleno said...

Anthony--You are so right, your Courtney is definitely prettier. Speaking of look-alikes, she reminds me of Kirsten Dunst of Spiderman fame.