Friday, April 09, 2010

THE BABIES ARE COMING!

What is this? Just yesterday I was looking at some babies, thinking, wow, how small they are. Next thing I know, THEY are having babies.

Who am I talking about, my nephews Marc and David. Well, their wives are having babies, and this all can’t be! Yes Kim and Nicole are contributing to the family crowd!
I remember when we were all having babies in my family. All the kids seemed about the same age, and now, with my creaky body, I marvel as how quickly things have changed! I am too old to have children tugging at me, and I watch the younger generations having them and thinking to myself: “Better them than me!”

But I envy their youth and enthusiasm. New babies are like new cars, they have a special pleasant odor, that is until there is some kind of emission, if you catch their drift.

But bringing home a stranger for the first time, one that takes over the home and all the importance, especially for the first-time parents, is exciting.


When our youngest, #2 Son, Michael came home, there was a huge sign over our back doorway to the yard that read: “WELCOME HOME MICHAEL! It was done in those days with a single 12-point letter that was repeated in the shapes of the letters that comprised the sign.

You placed the kid on the kitchen table, next to the fruit bowl, and wondered if the kid would fit in the fruit bowl. We tried and he did.

Of course, it is always a surprise when an announcement is made about babies coming. Then they are born, then they get married! All in the course of what seems like a week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations all around!

#1 Son