Friday, April 02, 2010

THE WANNA-BE’S!


Recently, on a Sunday afternoon, certain employees of the Wanna-Be Bank and Truss Company joined together for some live entertainment.

The sisters of Eastwick as I like to call them, mounted a bus for the trip to the Queensborough Performing Arts Center for a performance by a wanna-be Neil Diamond. (What else did you expect?)

Pictured from your left to right are Pat (The Princess of Foxwoods Points), Lois (Toots II) and the ever-present TLW (The Little Woman). or Toots I. These Covent beauties at one point tried to recruit their husbands to join them, who promptly turned down the Wanna-be’s invite, since it is like drinking non-alcoholic beer, at a minor league baseball game, while eating tufu hotdogs!

None of this dampened their enthusiasm, as they dined at the exclusive (You guessed it) wanna-be Italian ristorante: “Mamma-You Wanna-Be”!

Returning home, TLW was all lit up with excitement, praising the eggplant rollatini, but no mention of Mr. Wanna-be Diamond.

“Did you see the show?” I inquired.”
“Yes” she responded, if somewhat unenthusiastically.
“Wasn’t it any good?” I persisted.
“It was fine until Toots II noted his real name was C. Zirconia!”
“But didn’t you expect a ersatz diamond?” I countered.
“Yes, but it got a little dicey when Pat suggested and we followed, her suggestion.”
“What was that?”
“That instead of clapping after the performance, we yell out: Clap-clap-clap!”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back in the late 60's when I was a student at SUNY Oneonta, I went to a concert held in the gymnasium with my room mates to see a relatively new singing artist. We got "seats" on the floor (those were the days that I could still get up and down from the floor without help)adjacent to the stage. His name was Neil Diamond. I was close enough to touch his shoe. He was amazingly tall and not a bad singer either. I wonder what ever happened to him??
SS-I-L

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

I hear the imitation has less fat!

zany321 said...

wow very weird but awesome