Monday, April 05, 2010

ONE BAD KNIGHT AND I’M UP ALL DAY!


Being how I’m the chair of the fund raising committee for the church, my first meeting started out strangely. I requested that everyone who is on the committee, check off their name, and if their name was not there, to put it in.

Then the meeting started, I gave an overview of the master plan, and invited comments.

Most of the members are way over 60, and have been doing this for years, each at their own committee. I assured everyone that that would stay the same, and that I would invite any new enterprise that is suggested to the committee.

A gentleman to my right speaks up that he wants the Knights of Columbus to raise money for a heart defilabrator by having a dance. He explains that he is a member of the Knights, and sets down his plan.

I listen and the plan calls for a dance that the knights would run.

I ask how it will be paid for. He replies, “Why the church, of course. The committee agrees as a whole and we shake hands on the deal. I find out the next day that these Knights were never on the committee, and were just looking for a place to hold a dance, and that they were NOT members of the committee to begin with!

I don’t like to be conned, and will not stand for it. I notify the Knights that I am asking the teenagers of the parish to get involved, instead.

This does not sit well with the Knights, and go all over the Internet with their complaint against me!

Frankly, I’m honored that the Knights would take the time and trouble to bad-mouth me: it makes me feel important! However if they need to hear my end of the story, here it is.

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Never trust any man wearing a cape.